Sunday, November 8, 2009

Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken & Pasta

I'm very inspired by the blog, A Year of Slow Cooking because she makes it look so fun. Since my first crock pot experience didn't go as well, I wanted to try again with this recipe from Stephanie's blog. Yum! Great result this time!

- 2 cups of cream of mushroom soup (I used half cream of mushroom and half cream of chicken)
- frozen chicken (I used 3 frozen chicken breasts)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic (or garlic powder works too)
- block of cream cheese (I would cut this a little next time. Maybe 3/4 of the block)

Put everything but the cream cheese in the crockpot and mix. Cook on low for 6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and begins to shred. Shred the chicken with two large forks, and mix in the cream cheese. Change the settings to high and cook for another 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is fully melted. We left ours in longer since we were busy and it still turned out good.
Boil a box of spiral pasta, drain water, and mix into crockpot. Serve and enjoy!

Very happy with how this turned out and I've been eating the leftovers every day for dinner!

5 comments :

  1. This looks so yummy! This will definitely be on our menu this week.

    I wanted to stop by and thank you for posting your craft. It's such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. The recipes look so good! I'm a new follower. Please follow back!
    http://beautyloveandlipgloss.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,
    ~Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misread the directions and used 2 CANS of cream of chicken, and four frozen chicken breasts. Followed the rest of the ingredients to the letter. Cooking on high to speed things up (I'm hungry!) and am 3 hours on high, with the chicken still not ready to shred. I bought gnocchi, since the pasta wasn't specified, but have egg noodles to fall back on if I change my mind. I'll let you know how it turns out, but it smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A little clarification on the noodle type and amount would be appreciated. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last night and it was soooo good! Even both my kids ate it without complaint... that is a miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Please leave me a note!

Related Posts with Thumbnails